This designation is offered by the International Association of Qualified Financial Planners. The candidate must already hold one of the following designations:
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Master of Science in Financial Services (MSFS) from the American College, or
- Master of Science (MS) from the American College.
The candidate must have at least three years work experience and agree to abide by the code of ethics and professional conduct. To maintain the designation, the QFP must complete fifteen hours of continuing education each year, or thirty hours every two years.